No, this blog post isn’t dedicated to fondly remembered 1980s hits (although I rather like a bit of Soft Cell), it’s a different bittersweet situation on this occasion.
Our storeman/parts administrator is moving on to pastures new (and French) this summer so we’re on the lookout for a new Tim. Which will be difficult because Tim is one-of-a-kind and we’re sad to be Waving Goodbye to him.
However, if you think the job specification below is something you’d be interested in, get in touch as we’ll have a chat. You never know, we could soon be Saying Hello and welcoming you into the team.
Here’s the job advert…
We’re currently looking for a stores person / parts administrator to work at our Wolverhampton offices with a June 2019 start date.
The successful candidate will
• Have the ability to work on their own initiative in a small stores environment but also be a team player as the processes rely on the involvement of others
• Have a professional telephone manner and excellent communication skills as they will be dealing with customers and suppliers on a daily basis
• Have a driving license and use of a vehicle as they may be required to go out to assist an engineer in moving an appliance on-site
• Have the ability to use a postcode map when booking in calls to plan, or fit around, a workable route for the engineer’s day
• Have good numeracy and literacy skills as they will be required to update customer records with correct spellings and quote customers for parts adding specified margins and VAT onto listed prices
• Have the ability to see and respond to the need for tidiness in the stores area including disposing of installation/delivery waste
• Be computer literate, having the ability to navigate a computer quickly and efficiently and to learn and use new programs as appropriate
• Have some technical background/aptitude as they will be required to look at a range of different exploded diagrams so as to identify and order parts from these for various domestic and commercial laundry appliances. The ability to understand technical jargon from the engineers would be beneficial
• Have the physical ability to move large heavy appliances around the stores upon delivery and to help the engineers load these onto the vans as appropriate
• Have a flexible approach to work and be able to drop into other internal roles as required to cover holiday/sickness etc. These roles include data entry, new appointment scheduling, quoting and ordering of appliances and contractor updates.
If you know your way around a pc, are highly organised self motivated and have a technical mindset, get in touch!